Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Peace of Christ.

The summer is here.  Yesterday, the first Friday of June, was another holiday in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.  Labor Day.  I finally made my excursion to Harbour Island to meet friends of my sister Betsy.  I had a lovely visit with Bruce and Kathy Hagen Lowe in their home "just over Juicey Hill."  We were able to enjoy a bit of a break in the weather on their beach-front porch overlooking the Atlantic.

I was also able to visit with Rev John Baldwin while I was on Harbour Island.  John is busy doing some remodeling at the Harbour Island manse.  There may be some electrical work there as well as at Harbour Island Methodist Church.



John has an intern working with him for some of the summer.  He is a second year student at Candler School of Theology from St Petersburg, named Matt Hotho.  Matt may have rooted me out of the mission house in Current!  As an intern, he will have the option of staying in Current, or perhaps on Harbour Island.  My accommodations will adjust accordingly.

Which means, my accommodations are changing.  I met with Osbourne Weech in Current on my way back from HI yesterday.  I will be going to Current Island on Monday to begin my work at Zion Home.  I am eager to get underway with this work.  As for accommodations, I will stay in Current at the mission house, if Matt Hotho doesn't.  If Matt is there, I will stay in the manse on Current Island.  That will be a bit more isolated, but certainly no less comfortable.

And the summer is starting for Bahamas Methodist Habitat.  Megan is here for a month from Wake Forest, NC.  She is helping Brenda with logistics and organizational matters.  Yancey is a pilot who is at BMH for a month.  She came to deliver the plane that has been donated to BMH -- a Beechcraft Barron 55.  (Yes, it's the same plane I flew on when I came May 10th.)



Yancey will be flying with Abraham and helping with some of the trips required during a busy month of June.

And not only June.  From the look of the calendar BMH will be involved in a great deal of work this summer.  I haven't confirmed it with anyone in Jackson, but the schedule here says that a group from Northside UMC, Jackson, TN, will be here the first week of July!  That will be even better than hearing the worship band from Highpoint Church in Memphis, last night in Gregorytown.  Talk about a small world.  God surprises me every single day.  And these last days are rich with delightful surprises.  Thanks be to God.  And to all of you for your prayers and support.

Grace and peace,


No comments:

Post a Comment